Trip to the Riverwalk

Trip to the Riverwalk
What a Fantastic Bunch!!!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday's Blog

Kim & I went to work at the Family History Library this morning.  We have the 9:30 to 1:00 shift.  I helped Kim with his Family History today.  I have been helping others lately, so I guess Kim wanted equal time.  He found some of his relatives & learned some more about using new.familysearch.org.  Kim is so tired after working all last week & the weekend (Reserves) that he is staying home today.
We went to Acadiana Cafe for dinner. Had some delicious Cajun cuisine. Kim had Catfish with Crawfish Etouffee & I had Fried Oysters & Shrimp.  We had a very interesting conversation with the young waitress about Family History. Back home again.  It is too hot to do anything outside! Car thermometer registering 105 degrees!  Front porch thermometer 104 degrees!
Okay, Steve Browne on KSAT 12 says we have some lower temperatures coming by Wednesday, possibly even a tropical storm in the Gulf! We'll see if that actually happens.
Just grinded whole wheat so I can make some more bread.  I discovered that if I put the electric wheat grinder on the concrete back porch, it will grind very quickly.  It took less than 10 minutes to grind 6 cups of wheat!  When I put in on my cabinet, freezer, or washing machine, it took 20 - 30 minutes. I thought something was wrong with my grinder.  Then I realized these were not "stable" surfaces.  On a concrete surface it grinds so fast, I have to keep a close watch on it.
I brought the grinder into the kitchen to cool down, then promptly forgot about it for several hours.  I sent out emails to my Cub Scout Committee & parents. Then had to resend my emails because I had all the new leaders & their positions mixed up.  Bishop Tippetts sent me the correct information.  I'm still not sure if we have the same Webelos Leader or a new one.  I sent an email to Bishop Tippetts again to confirm.
Then I helped Kim with his genealogy.  He is trying to learn how to use new.FamilySearch.org. 
Finally, I remembered that I had wheat flour waiting on me.  I set up a loaf of bread in the breadmaker to be ready in the morning.  I really, really LOVE breadmakers!  Of course, by then I had a flour-ly mess to clean up.  Unless something exciting happens tonight (hardly likely!) I will be reading my SCI-FI book, "The Fall of Neskaya" by Marion Zimmer Bradley & Deborah J. Ross as well as scriptures before I go to sleep.  I have read the book before, but it was so long ago, that I have forgotten the story.  One of the nice things about a Fibromyalgia brain is that you can enjoy things over & over again (since you can't remember it the first time!)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a productive day. We love Acadiana too!

    ReplyDelete