Trip to the Riverwalk

Trip to the Riverwalk
What a Fantastic Bunch!!!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thar She Blows!

Well, we survived Tropical Storm Hermine!  We received some much needed rain & the winds only got up to about 60 mph.  We lost electrical power for about 3 1/2 hours.  It is so boring in the house when there is no electricity, no computer, no TV & barely enough light to read.  I did get to take a good nap though.  It has stopped raining now, at least for awhile.  My rain gauge in the garden says we received 5 1/2 inches! Yea!!!
I have been reading "Potatoes, not Prozac".  According to this book, I am a Sugar Addict. No kidding! I do watch the things that I eat (from the plate, to the spoon, to my mouth! lol!).  Seriously, I eat freshly ground whole wheat bread. I need to make some more, I ate the last slice yesterday.  I eat very little white rice (only on sushi, if they do not have brown rice).  I don't make anything with white flour.  I do eat flour tortillas (1 or 2) at Sazon's (they make the best tortillas!). I try to cook from scratch.  I haven't been eating pasta much until lately.  I have to cut that out. Bad girl!!!
The book said that Step One is keeping a Food Journal of everything I eat, how I feel physically & emotionally, throughout the day in order to get an idea of how food effects me physically & emotionally.  I am also supposed to look for eating patterns. I started one today. I don't have to change how I eat yet.  I am trying to be aware of what I am eating though.
I am also starting on Step Two - Eating Three Meals a Day at Regular Intervals.  I had not been doing that in the past.  I started today.  I think the only bad things I have eaten is a Hershey's Chocolate Almond Bar (1.45 oz size) & I had to take 4 Excedrin's throughout the day.  I'll be lucky if I go to sleep tonight!  I don't have any Diet Coke's at the house, so I haven't had any of those, but I did drink 2 Diet Root Beers.  Oh well.
Amazing how much hair color I can get all over my bathroom when I color my hair!  I swear I cleaned it all up afterward, but when I go back later it is all over the walls, the door, & the floor! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment